This is Blake's 7 Friday, a weekly short story challenge community. How short? Byatts (50 words), drabbles (100 words), or stories up to 500 words.
Each week, one of the moderators will post a challenge and add it to the memories so that it's easy to find. To see them, click on the 'Topics' link. By the way, you don't have to write the story on a Friday whether local time or GMT; you have all week.
1. Try to aim for stories between 50 and 500 words. Going for multiples of 100 might be fun, but we certainly won't force you.
2. Anything over a PG-13 rating should go behind a cut-tag with a warning, but readers are also responsible for what they choose to read.
3. Longer stories should also go behind a cut-tag (use your own judgement).
4. If you so wish, you can submit more than one story per challenge.
5. You have only a week to answer each challenge. Once the new topic has been posted, time's up!
6. Once each quarter you'll be able to write on any previous topic or topics. These will be listed in the challenge to give people a chance to do ones they missed or to have another go at one. You must say in your post which topic it's for.
7. No flaming.
Moderators: vilakins and astrogirl2.
Suggestions for challenges are welcome from others by posting comments on the last topic post.